The Best Northern Colorado Shredding Company for Accountants
The phrase, “bean counter” is a derogatory term used for accountants who are very fussy and excessively concerned about counting every penny and keeping accurate records. In other words, good accountants!
Being concerned about keeping accurate records is a requirement for success, especially as we head into tax season. But accountants also need to be very fussy and concerned about who shreds their documents, because there is a lot of personally identifiable information (PII) at risk. It’s vital that, as an accountant, you seek out a shredding company in Northern Colorado to partner with that meets all of the following requirements:
- Safeguards their client’s financial information because it is the most valuable information for individuals, organizations, and businesses.
- Has a team of shredding professionals who have been background-checked and are regularly trained. An accountant must be completely trustworthy of those who handle and shred their discarded files.
- Is NAID AAA Certified, so you know they adhere to the highest security standards in the industry, follow strict chain of custody procedures, and can offer you a Certificate of Destruction for your records in case of an audit.
- Is knowledgeable and vigilant about the retention periods of the documents they handle.
- They will destroy your end-of-lifecycle documents immediately following the retention date.
- They know and follow information privacy laws, such as:
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), disposing of consumer information to a point that it is impossible to recover
- The Graham-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) that demands that accountants have a written information security plan that includes safely shredding and destroying information
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) that requires the disclosure and evaluation of their internal controls that includes a retention and destruction policy
As an accountant, finding a shredding company that you can trust is vital, not just for the security of your own business, but for the people and businesses that have put their trust in you.
Apex Shredding is the perfect shredding service choice for accountants in the Northern Colorado region. We are NAID AAA Certified and ready to help with your specific shredding requirements. For more information, give us a call at 970-532-5007 or complete the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!