It’s Time to Outsource Your Shredding When…
Even though you’ve got a great team of employees, your business has been increasing productivity, and the clients are pleased, there’s still one contentious spirit in the office that is undermining the positive morale and efficiency. They’ve been refusing to work the past week and are simply sitting in the corner office under a pile of discarded documents.
Who is causing all these problems, frustrating the staff, and bringing morale down? They call him “The Shredder”—the paper shredder to be exact. And here’s why you should outsource the duties The Shredder is supposed to be accomplishing (when it’s working):
- In-house shredding is expensive. When the shredder isn’t working properly or has quit working altogether, the cost to repair or replace it is a poor investment. Even when it is working, employees are forced to abandon revenue-generating and core tasks just to stand over a shredder, and you lose countless hours of productivity. Purchasing a replacement shredder will cost you in more ways than one. That money that would be better used for outsourced shredding. Choose a local, NAID AAA Certified shredding company to ensure that your documents are shredded with the best equipment and highest security standards in the industry.
- Compliant shredding. A shredding machine purchased from the office supply store can’t compete with professional shredding. When you shred in house, you risk dumpster divers reconstructing documents to steal the information. In addition, letting your employees choose between tossing documents into the recycle bin or toiling over the shredding machine will soon result in a data breach. Even with the best of intentions, sensitive information will eventually be transported offsite to a recycling center where it will be vulnerable to theft—and that’s assuming it doesn’t fly off the truck on the way there!
It’s worth having a local, NAID AAA Certified professional shredding company destroy your documents using their industrial shredder so it’s unrecoverable and you get a Certificate of Destruction proving your compliance with data privacy laws. Any reputable shredding company should recycle 100% of the paper they shred.
- Information left unattended. When the shredding machine refuses to work, is too far away, or employees are too busy or tired of the annoying machine to use it, one of these things happens to the discarded documents:
- They start to pile up and are left unattended and vulnerable to prying eyes.
- They land in the garbage or recycling bin where they can be accessed by anyone from a visitor to your office, to a waste truck driver, to someone at the landfill or recycling plant.
Either of these scenarios puts you at risk of a data breach.
- The noise. One of the most common complaints about office shredders is that they are too noisy, breaking concentration and irritating employees. When that happens, the shredder gets sent to the furthest, most out-of-the-way location to help muffle the sound. This solution to the noise issue makes it inconvenient to use the now-distant shredder. By removing the shredder from the office and outsourcing your shredding, you avoid this problem entirely.
Apex Shredding provides NAID AAA Certified mobile shredding services in Northern Colorado. We offer one-time purge shredding or scheduled shredding, recycle 100% of the shredded paper, and can provide you with a Certificate of Destruction for your records. Simply give us a call at 907-532-5007 or complete the form on this page to begin outsourcing your shredding today, or simply talk with one of our friendly shredding experts. We look forward to hearing from you!